- Does Mulch Express provide free estimates?
We do not provide free estimates to measure you property. We recommend that you look at an old invoice that you may have from mulch being previously installed or you may use our material calculator (click here) to help you figure out. If you still would like to have someone come out we can arrange to have our professional estimator measure you property but you will be charged $50.00 for the measurement. IF you sign up to use our service you will have $25.00 credited toward your purchase.
- How do I determine how much material I will need?
It is recommended that you put down 3 inches initially and add to that periodically as it breaks down. We recommend a 2" coverage for weed control unless you are just touching up existing bark. See the material calculator page for pointers on measuring.
- What is the cost of blower installation?
· All jobs are priced by the cubic yard installed
· There is a 10 cubic yard minimum locally, see our maps for more detail(click here) or click on the products catalog to see how much the installation will cost.
· Price includes material, installation, labor, and minimal clean up
- How far do your blower hoses reach?
Our crews normally carry 250 feet of hose at all times. If the area where you need mulch is farther away from where the truck will be parked, we can add another 200 feet of hose but there is a charge of $1.00 per cubic yard per 25 feet over 200 feet from the rear of the truck.
- Will blowing the mulch in hurt my plants?
No. Our installers are careful not to blow directly onto the more delicate plants. We would prefer that your annuals are planted two weeks prior to installation, but in any case, we are always accommodating.
- Does it make much of a mess?
We clean up, if there is any, over-spray before we leave. The exception is when the building and/or sidewalk are wet from sprinklers or rain. We will do the best we can with our blowers though you may choose to wash some areas with a hose.
What products can you blow and how far can you reach with the hoses?
· We can apply soils, mulches, composts, aggregate, playground and safety materials
· Our maximum hose length is 450'
- Why blow it instead of manual application?
· Achieve a more uniform and even application - with very little waste
· There are no unsightly piles throughout the application
· It is fast and efficient, saving time and money
· Accessibility to remote areas without damaging tire tracks; can get over walls, fences, and other obstacles with ease
- How thick can the product be blown?
· We can apply from 1/4" to 5" thick or more, depending on job needs
- Is it dusty or messy?
· No. Our truck is equipped with a dust suppression system
· We carry portable blowers and brooms for cleanup of any debris.
- How long does mulch last?
Depending on the size and how much you initially put down, mulch can last 2-3 years. The bottom layer will deteriorate first and become a soil amendment. In some cases, customers refresh yearly because they like the look and smell of fresh mulch.
- Is your mulch treated with chemicals?
Absolutely not, our mulch is completely organic. It comes straight from the tree into your garden.
- Will the mulch attract fleas or ants to my yard?
No, the idea that mulch attracts fleas is a myth.
- Do I need to rake out the mulch when you are done?
No. Our finished job is much better than you could expect to do with a rake. We even blow under bushes and trees that you would never consider doing by hand.
- Do I need to be home when you do the job? How long does it take?
No with minor exceptions you don’t need to be home. We get good instruction over the phone and some customers leave us notes and indicators where they do and don’t want bark. The average job is completed in 1 ½ hours.
- What do I need to do to prepare my yard?
The most important step before installing bark is to pull any weeds that have already begun to grow in your yard. It is not necessary to do more than that. Some people spray weed repellent before installation.
- Should I put down plastic or weed fabric under the bark?
Three inches of bark gives you the same weed control without the additional effort. Plastic is never recommended as it prevents water from penetrating through to the ground. It also traps air, causing moldy soil, and eventually deteriorates and falls apart. Weed fabric can be installed, it is up to the homeowners preference as to their add
expense. Some people like the added security of having a weed barrier in place.
- How much notice should I give you to get on the installation schedule?
During our busy season, March through September, we are frequently booked 4 weeks in advance. Other times of the year, 2 weeks notice is sufficient. We always try our best to accommodate for unexpected occasions.
- How will I be notified of my installation?
You will receive an automatic phone call the night before of your installation. If that next day is not good you have up to 12:00 am that night to postpone your order. You may do so by either calling 866.mr mulch and leave a message to postpone your order (including your name, address, and telephone number) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to postpone your order.
- Does mulch express provide free estimates?
We do not provide free estimates to measure you property. We recommend that you look at an old invoice that you may have from mulch being previously installed or you may use our material calculator (click here) to help you figure out. If you still would like to have someone come out we can arrange to have our professional estimator measure your property but you will be charged $50.00 for the measurement. IF you sign up to use our service you will have $25.00 credited toward your purchase.
- How much notice should I give you to get on your delivery schedule?
We generally are able to deliver you products within 24 to 48 hours of the time of your order. If you would like a Thursday thru Saturday delivery you should place your order in the beginning of the week.
- How will I be notified of my delivery?
You will receive an automatic phone call the night before of your installation. If that next day is not good you have up to 12:00 am that night to postpone your order. You may do so by either calling 866-MrMulch (866-676-8524) and leave a message to postpone your order (including your name, address, and telephone number) or email email@example.com to postpone your order.
- Can I have you dump my product off the driveway?
Our drivers are trained not to deliver off your paved surface. You the client are taking responsibility of your property as soon as our truck goes inside the curb line. We will not be held responsible for any damaged that is incurred inside the curb line. We will be happy to dump anywhere on a paved surface as long as there are any trees or wire above our truck.
- What is a cubic yard?
Click here to view a document to explain what a cubic yard is.
- How big are our trucks?
Please click here to view the size
- Sorry, we cannot deliver ½ yards.
- Unless a particular truck size is specified, for scheduling purposes, Mulch Express USA reserves the right to send a truck that may be larger than necessary to complete your order.
- Our delivery fees are based on mileage, directness of routes, and our own personal driving experiences.
- Scheduling is never easy! We regret we cannot commit to a time of day; however, we will do our best to indicate AM or PM.
- It is not necessary that you be present for your delivery. Provide us with instructions at the time of purchase, mark the area with a designated item and we will do everything in our power to see that your needs are met. Please note we cannot be responsible for product delivered in the wrong area, if the area was not properly marked.
- When deciding an area that you would like your materials dumped, please check the area for overhead wires, low tree limbs etc. Please take into consideration the following height clearance requirements needed for our trucks while dumping:
- Keep in mind our trucks need at least 20 feet above them to dump.
- Delivery charges are subject to a fuel surcharge.
- We require 24 hours notice for any cancellations.
- With fluctuating fuel costs we reserve the right to assess a fuel charge.